|Monday - Wednesday||8am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||1pm - 8pm|
|Friday||8am - 12:30pm|
Please note that the application process will take 30 – 45 minutes.
See the 2023 Assistance Checklist
See the Official 2023 Fairfield Township Trustee’s Standards
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring the following information to the Fairfield Township Trustee’s Office to begin the application process:
- A signed, current lease for the residence in which you currently reside or a mortgage coupon;
- Copies of all current utility bills;
- Indiana picture ID or driver’s license for each adult 18 years or older in the household (All adults must be present at the time of application.);
- Social Security Cards for all members of the household, adults and children; and
- Birth Certificates for all members of the household, adults and children.
Once eligibility for application is confirmed and the appropriate paperwork is assigned, the applicant will be scheduled for an interview with one of the Trustee’s case managers. Typically, the township will make a final decision within 72 hours after all documentation requested has been received.
Provided the applicant(s) supplies all the requested information in a timely manner, a final decision will be made in seven to ten working days.* All decisions are based on the information provided and the Fairfield Trustee’s Township Assistance Standards. (A copy of the Standards is available at all times in the Fairfield Township Trustee’s Office lobby or on the township’s website.)
ASSISTANCE OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
- The current month’s rent (past month’s rent cannot be addressed);
- Electric, gas or water bills that are in disconnect status;
- Burial assistance, when no other means of payment is available.
PLEASE NOTE: Completing the application process does not guarantee assistance. * Emergency situations will be taken into consideration and addressed as quickly as possible.
For reference, Fairfield Township Trustee’s office standards: Trustee’s Office Standards